Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Crap at the Bottom of the Toy Box

I had a thought whilst digging through one of my local op shops toy box.  Why don't they chuck out all the bits that accumulate at the bottom of the box from long gone toys.  Bits from Buckaroo, Lego hair, Mr Potato Head hand, dolls sunglasses, Scoops scoop, ....


The crap at the bottom of the box!

I then though what could you use them for to avoid having to throw them out.... not a lot..... or so I thought!!!


C/O http://www.robertbradford.co.uk/

A Shirt Bag Blog
Fig Jam Studio on Etsy

C/O http://www.robertbradford.co.uk/

Recycled toys


Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's spent time thinking about the crap at the bottom of the box too!

On a side note it made me think of the Raggy Dolls an 80s flashback!!




It's not much of a life when you're just a pretty face,
Just to be whoever you are is no disgrace,
Don't be scared if you don't fit in...
Look who's in the reject bin!
It's the Raggy Dolls (Raggy Dolls!),
Raggy Dolls (Raggy Dolls!),
Dolls like you and me,
Raggy Dolls (Raggy Dolls!),
Raggy Dolls (Raggy Dolls!)
M ade imperfectly!
So if you got a bump on your nose or a lump on your toes, do not despair,
Be like the Raggy Dolls, and say I just don't care,
'Cause Raggy Dolls (Raggy Dolls!),
Raggy Dolls (Raggy Dolls!),
Are happy just to be,
Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls,
Dolls like you and me!

4 comments:

  1. wow...these creations looks pretty amazing! I like the first one, so creative! Great inspiration! Thanks for the follow by the way, following back!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mongs! It's amazing to see how creative some minds are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post and what a wonderful form of recycling! I've added your blog to the good reading list on mine.

    ReplyDelete