Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sacred Heart Op Shop - Bentleigh


Bentleigh Sacred Heart Op Shop

Opening night was a week ago and I hope the staff and volunteers have recovered because it was BUSY!

I had some good company though as I went with Erica from Recycled Fashion, her blog post with some great pictures is here

I also met up briefly with Laura from A Little Boutique Near Home, she has a great site and her blog piece is here . She does say I lasted longer than her in the crowd but the truth is I was hiding in the window display for a decent chunk of my visit!!



Books galore
Bentleigh Sacred Heart Op Shop


I gave the store a call this morning to ask about how their first week has been, thanks to Sean for speaking to me.

He said the staff coped well with the madness and the store was almost stripped by the end of opening night!

The staff and volunteers he explained all came from other stores, this probably helps why they coped so well under such an influx of avid op shoppers, collectors and bargain hunters I think.

He went on to let me know how he shopped at their other six stores to get the stock needed to fill their Bentleigh op shop, donations are now coming in from shoppers daily though which is promising.

A shop is only as good as it's donations he pointed out so ongoing donations are appreciated.

Some fashion Picks
Bentleigh Sacred Heart Op Shop

The new shoppers are loving it he told me, especially the space and stock.

Volunteers are still needed though so please get in touch with the store if you can spare a few hours each week.

The Sacred Heart Bentleigh Op Shop is open 7 days a week between 10am - 5pm and can be found at 271 Centre Road, Bentleigh

More can be found out about their work and their other op shops on their website or Facebook page 

Bentleigh Sacred Heart Op Shop
I spotted heaps of items at great prices but just wasn't quick enough for a lot of them!  I did leave with a pretty shirt and a copy of Dr Suess's The Lorax for Op Shop Jnr

"But now," says the Once-ler, "now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.” Dr Seuss - The Lorax

Thanks to all who help at The Sacred Heart Mission for being some of the people that care and do make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment