Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beautiful Bessemer - Treasure Hunt Thursday

I was on a mission on Tuesday and managed (toddler free) 9 op shops between 9.30 - 1.30!!

I made seven stops in Frankston and two in Chelsea.

I picked up some great items but spotted these all in the same shop, I'm guessing donated by the same person.

I just love the designs on all of them.

I have to admit I don't know much about Bessemer but was out looking as usual for Pyrex in the cookware sections.

I couldn't resist these!!


Each one is so different and I'm guessing from the 70's or 80's

I think this may be my favourite of the three
Very sweet
Vintage Floral Serving Plate


The website says they've only recently been sold through retail outlets and used to only be available from in home distributors as part of Party Plans.

These are a few items I was able to spot online to show you some of the collection


C/O Ebay and priced at $115

C/O Totally Second Hand

Also spotted by Her Library Adventures!

Beautiful and bright! C/O Playing In The Attic

C/O Retro Pottery
I'm being do good though and the plates will be available to buy when the Op Shop Christmas Market begins on November 30th - More info here

I'm taking part in Treasure Hunt Thursday with these beaties be sure to head on over and check out all the other thrifty finds :-)

11 comments:

  1. So jealous of your finds! I love the retro design and those beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They are so cute and probably toddler friendly if Bessemer!

      Delete
  3. Wow... my flatmate has an amazing ability to collect vintage tableware, and he has a set of the square plates, a blue sugarbowl same as the yellow one above, and a brown sugarbowl same as the last picture! I love the plates you found and would totally snap them up if I found them - the brown & orange floral one is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks cookiecrumbs :-)

    These are my first but I vowed not to keep them, they are going on sale to fundraise as part of the Op Shop Christmas Market I'm hosting on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun pieces you found! True treasures. Thanx for linking up to THT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try to be more organised and take part more often, it's a great idea and I saw some lovely things :-)

      Delete
  6. FABULOUS and oh my goodness I will be counting down the days and hours till they are available so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Deb, less than a month now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Jesus these are gorgeous!!! Vicky, you have found some of the most gorgeous pieces ever. As you know I'm only new to Bessemer love but geez, you are making me drool! No wonder you couldn't pass them up! Kel x

    ReplyDelete