Saturday, November 3, 2012

Rock n Roll Op Shopping

I headed to the St Kilda Sacred Heart Op Shop Rock n Roll event last night with Erica from Recycled Fashion.  We don't need much of an excuse to head out to a late night op shopping event when the babysitting is covered.

The last time I was at this Sacred Heart I was on an Op Shop Comedy Tour and loved it, this time I enjoyed it even more.


Sacred Heart Mission 87A Grey St, St Kilda

It was pretty busy but there was music, food scattered about and drinks being passed round so a great atmosphere.

I wasn't really looking for anything but did spot a great selection of vintage leather bags all reasonably priced between $10-$20





This caught my eye too but I'd never use it


A sweet vintage water vase

They had a fantastic range of clothing, lots of eras, styles and choice.  There was even a decent selection of menswear.


Loved the prints on these
We also met up with Laura from A Little Boutique Near Home who ended up shouting us pizza (due to our lack of planning and cash!).  We have promised to buy her a drink when we go to the Doss Blockos Op Shop Party on December 4th to make up for it.

I didn't come home empty handed though, I found a great pair of navy Converse in my size and pretty much new condition - finally!!  I can't tell you how long I've been looking.


Navy Converse - Finally Mine!

For more information on the Sacred Heart Op Shops and the work they do please check out their website 

Thanks so much for a great event Sacred Heart!!




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! Wish I was back in Melbourne sometimes....Love the leather bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha thanks for the mention! I'm looking forward to the Doss Blockos Op Shop Party. I love all of these op shop parties – they're such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh that looked like fun! My handbag interest has swayed over to the tooled leather handbags - but I've yet to find any of them decently priced over here unfortunately! I'm sure I will find one, one day! Love the Cons xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, I'm a Melbourne based opp shop addict too! That tooled leather bag is gorgeous... love the mission.
    :-) Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I really need to know what an op shop comedy tour is!

    ReplyDelete