Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How ugly is my clock?

 

Okay this is one purchase made a few months ago I didn't know if I would share or not..... I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm a little embarrassed about my clock, I think.

I saw it in a pile of household odds and ends, picked it up, walked away without it thinking "Man that is one ugly clock".  I then carried on browsing around the Keysborough Salvos and my mind kept going back to the ugly clock, I was thinking "I bet it doesn't even work"  I went back to have a look at the battery piece and it looked okay.  I then walked away leaving it again.

"Screw it, I want that ugly clock" I went back when someone else was browsing and heading towards it.

It set me back $3.

It has Hislon Quartz on it, I have found out that Hislon is a well known watch company but I can't work out if this is a genuine vintage clock or some strange knock off.

Can anyone help with any more information or background?

I figured I'd hang it and see if it grew on me, it has.
It's quite heavy and appears to be anodised metal which I love.  Here's a few more examples of vintage anodised household items which I'm looking out for.

vintage canisters seen on Totally Second Hand blog
Cup set with table from Kittys Vintage Kitsch
Vintage Anodised Champagne Flutes on Cool for Cats

Okay now be honest, I can take it on a scale of 1-10 ..... how ugly is my clock?

I'm linking up with Treasure Hunt Thursday also on this one for some additional opinions.




12 comments:

  1. Your totally ugly clock looks late 60s - 70's to me.


    Cheers
    Desley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is ugly but I am growing fond of my ugly friend :-)

      Delete
  2. I actually like it, it's quirky and cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay feeling a bit better about it now :-) Thank-you!

      Delete
  3. Amazingly beautifully bad. (I must show you my giant red apple, 1960 anodised metal ice bucket).
    Bambi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of is beautifully bad, I agree! Thanks Bambi, would love to see the ice bucket too.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Eliza, it may be a keeper then :-)

      Delete
  5. No way, not ugly, I love it! 8/10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Erica, it will remain I think, unless I find anything worse/better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ugly clock....super cool if you ask me! And I do adore all things anodised too!

    ReplyDelete