Monday, July 22, 2013

Photo A Day Op Shop Challenge - Little Miss Mon Bon

Thanks to Monique from  Little Miss Mon Bon for helping out with these questions!

About the event

How does it feel being one of the seven restyling bloggers for Perth Fashion Week, excited, nervous, scared?
I actually feel really humbled to have been selected as one of the participating bloggers. It is a fantastic opportunity and I am really excited to be able to take part in it. I am a little nervous about the challenge though as there is so much to consider during the challenge, and I want to make sure I have some killer outfits!
How has it been working with your op chop charities?
When can you begin picking the clothes from each of your op shop charities or has it already begun, I know I would need time!! We were given the photo-a-day list about a month ago now, so we have had a fair bit of time to start planning, buying and organising.

Venom in Denim op shop dress


Which days are you most and least worried about, do you already have a passion for polka dots or a knack for accessorising?
I am really worried about the 'customised' prompt - my customising skills are few and far between. In saying that, I will probably really surprise myself and rise to the challenge. I am also a little worried about the sequins prompt (which I never thought I would be), only because I was hoping to find something completely breath taking and covered in sequins... but that hasn't happened yet!

About Op Shopping

If you could pick anyone in the world (or no longer here) to spend an afternoon op shopping with where would you take them?  Do you have a favourite op shop route?
I like heading out to the large warehouses in Morley, Cannington and even into Victoria Park. Areas like these generally have a number of op-shops in one concentrated area, so you can spend a good while going through all of the stores.
What is your most treasured op shop find (clothing, homeware, music, bric-brac...)
Oh gosh... probably my dalmatian print t-shirt. I bought it when I was 15 and I still have it a good 8 years later!

Op shop hound top


Fill in the blanks

When I go into an op shop the first area I head for is the................ shoes

Op shop jumpsuit

To keep up to date with Little Miss Mon Bon's photo a day op shop challenge check out her website here


2 comments:

  1. Aw thanks so much lady - I really appreciate it! You did a stellar job of finding my op-shopped pieces!

    xx
    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love anything that leads me to a new (to me) blog, actually. :-)
    I came to your blog today to let you know I've linked to one of your previous posts on my blog. I thought you might like to see it. x

    ReplyDelete