Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Op Shoppers - Care to Flip the hangers with me?

Well it's a wet & rainy start to the year here in Melbourne and I decided to get a bit productive.
 
I now have 3 bags of clothes for the op shops (all mine!) I cannot blame Op Shop Jnr or Op Shop Baby for any of  these they are all mine! 
 
 
 
  • Gone are the city work clothes I haven't worn since 2009 when Op Shop Jnr was born which I have been saving.
  • Gone are the maternity clothes - hard to part with these as the decision behind donating was something I struggled with. One more? Yes, no, yes, no....
  • Gone are the 000 & 00 baby clothes
  • Gone are a bag of shoes & boots I had to dust down in order to donate.  One I pair I haven't worn in the 6 years I've been in Australia - oh the shame!!
Now I have not had the time (or I have chosen to spend my time on much more exciting things) to sort this sort of stuff out sooner but it feels pretty good letting go of these things.
 
I then "flipped the hangers"
 
All hangers face the other way, when I pick something out to wear it will be returned to face the wall.
 
Next year any clothes still facing the other way get the op shop axe - no excuses!
 
Will you be doing the same?
 
Happy New Year to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Anything I dont wear within 2 to 3 months (through the seasons change) I donate. I have a 40cm wide hanging space and 1 tallboy. So its not much room. I find it better that way. I dont wazte money on clothes. And if I buy something new. Something old must go
    So its baiscally all worn regularly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic idea, I'll definitely be flipping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! But ugh! Too hard for me and various other excuses...

    Best of luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great idea, I must get busy in the wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will be trying flipping the hangers this year too. And maybe placing a piece of paper in the folded clothes - clothes returned would go on top of the 'divider'

    ReplyDelete