Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Op Shopping - Treasures Found

Hello, my name is Lisa and Im an op shopper. It has been 5 days since I last entered the doors of an Op shop! Sound like you ? Op shopping really is an addiction, well it is for me, I just cant seem to walk past one without just popping in for a quick look. If im driving somewhere and see one that I havent been in before I either make a quick detour or a mental note to go back another day when I have more time.
I am lucky in the area that I live there is quite a selection to choose from, some are small little church based ones and others are the charity chains you find everywhere. They all have one thing in common, they are full of treasures that someone didnt want anymore. We all know the saying 'someones trash is another persons treasure' how true is this statement? Anyone who has purchased something from an op shop knows it to be true.
Sometimes I visit just one of my locals a week other times I do the rounds and visit them all. There are times when I go searching for something in particular, that manchester or kitchen item or a piece of clothing that I need, and other times I just go browsing these are the times that I usually find the best treasures!
For my first post here at I love to Op Shop I thought I would share with you some of my favourite finds from 2013. You really can find just about anything you need in an op shop, if you look at my photos you will notice there is a selection of treasures for all different areas of the home. The kitchen, the living room, the bookshelf, the walls, the craft room, and even the jewellery box!
I love that everytime I enter and op shop that I have no idea what I might find. I love the element of suprise and the shock of finding something amazing and special. Now reading through this post and looking at the photos you may get the impression that its the only place I shop and I buy just about anything. Whilst Op shops are some of my favourite places to find things I need, I do have a few rules. I dont buy underwear or socks and I always look at an item to determine that it isnt damaged, torn etc. I also set myself a rule to only buy what I absolutely NEED not just things that look pretty and I want.
Op shopping really is about giving back, I donate alot of things to the stores (not just one in particular) as well as purchase items. The money these stores generate is used for so many good things, Its heartwarming to know that Im a little part of that.

Are you an addict too ? If you have treasures that you would like to share with us then please leave us a comment below or email us your story.   ilove2opshop @ gmail (dot) com

Lisa 










6 comments:

  1. Eeeek I absolutely love op shopping too.....I love not knowing what you will find each time you go....oh and I simply can't leave without something!! All of my girls will be in school this year and I am already thinking about hitting the op shops alone !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child free is the best way to op shop! Hope you find lots of treasures, dont forget to come share them with us :)

      Delete
  2. This is exactly like me! I've gone into an op shop looking specifically for work clothes and come out with a clock, a chip maker and a very nice skirt... but not for work. Some things you just can't walk past- you might never see them again! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to strike while the irons hot as they say :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa, I love the variety of op shop finds in your pics. I adore the miniature bike - is it a brooch? I also try to only buy what I need, but it's really hard sometimes - it's amazing how often you find something in an op shop that is simply beautiful. Cheers, Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eliza, yes it is a brooch about the size of a matchbox,adoreable!

      Delete