Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Any Op Shop toy hunters out there?

Hi All,

Rachel here! I'm excited to be contributing to this blog, being a keen and regular op shopper! My main interest is in finding toys and things for little people. I have 4 young nephews and so spent much of 2013 hunting for trains! (+ duplo/lego/cars/Bob the Builder vehicles etc...) The children don't care that the toys are not shiny and perfect, they just seem to like coming and finding new things to play with! (and I get such a buzz out of finding things cheap too)

I've also learnt recently that while 1 lego man/duplo vehicle/Playmobil figure might not be much of a find, an individual find does make up a collection eventually!

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has found any cool toys in op shops recently! And don't give up if you are not finding much in the way of toys, they are out there!






4 comments:

  1. I got a Travis the Tractor from Bob the Builder at YADA today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Ark" in that last photo! I work in an opshop and we have so many toys donated to us, it is just crazy. We have them in two sets of bins out the front of the shop and kids just love fossicking through them while their Mums come inside and look for other stuff. We are in a quiet arcade, and whoever is on the till can see the kids, so they are perfectly safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina, I love the imagery you described- children being safe but having fun too! :)

      Delete