Thursday, February 27, 2014

Doing Some Homework...

Miss 16 came home last week with an assessment task for Design and Technology.  She had to hit the op shops, buy an obsolete item and re-purpose it to create a new design and extend it's longevity.  Now that is my kind of homework....I was like hubby you can help her with the algebra assignment...I've got this one covered!!!!

So with Monday being a pupil free day we hit the op shops in our area....with absolutely no idea what we were actually looking for...which made it all the more fun!

After browsing through a few of the small local op shops we decided that we needed to travel a bit further afield and check out one of the larger stores for inspiration!

So we drove to the Salvos store at Minchinbury....it is well worth the drive.  It is like a superstore !!!  




There is so much to browse through that you need to set aside a decent amount of time to get through it all.  It is superbly organised and is so neat and tidy....take a look....










They have everything there!!   But here's a few of my favourite things that I came across....

I loved this cabinet....if only I had more room at home....




And I adore this style of dressing table...but again I need more space!!



This blue lounge is sweet....




And I liked this blue glass bowl....very elegant!!




We spent over an hour browsing....all in the name of research for the assessment task of course!!

And it would have seemed like such a waste of a trip if we didn't take home something!  I couldn't resist these lovely cut glass jugs and bowl....I'd love to use them for soy wax candles...




Miss 16 left with a new skirt and a brand new bottle of Britney Spears perfume (which she insisted upon spraying in the car on the drive home!!) as well as a toothpaste and mouthwash in one and a shower gel....oh and back to the assessment task well that's a secret still but it has something to do with those 3 board games in the photo....watch this space !!!








2 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks more like David Jones than the Salvos - what an incredible opshop! Where is Minchinbury? I mean, which State? I've heard of it, but not sure where. If it is within 500miles of Melbourne I might just have to go there, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Gina...it is in NSW....bit of a long drive....!! I was amazed at how organised and neat everything was...I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete